FROGGY

FROGGY

Monday, April 2, 2012

ROUGH NIGHT

   We had a rough time last night. I got a call last night around 2:30 am, that my Dad was having trouble breathing. We went over and picked up my Mom & Dad and took him to the emergency room. They were able to help him out, and we all got back home around 8:00 am.

   He has congestive heart failure. He had a massive heart attack 20 years ago. They told us he probably wouldn't live, if he did live a year it would be a miracle, and if he lived, the highlight of his day would be going to bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, if he was able to do that.

   Once he got able to he started walking. As he built his strength, he increased how much he walked. For most of those 20 years he walked around 7 miles cross country, up hills and down, every day rain or shine. Not bad for a man with 75 % of his heart dead as a stone, and only 10 % of the pump working.

   Now he is 77and having to slow down. It's still hard to convince him he is not 18 years old and still in perfect health. My Dad has always been a fisherman. He started me fishing before I could walk and talk. Both of my sons have enjoyed going fishing with there PaPa and learning from him.

   Here's a shot of some of Dad's trophies. They range from 7 to 11 pounds each. I don't know how many I've watched him turn back over 5 lbs. I know it's probably more than most fishermen lie about catching.

Jim Cobb Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment