FROGGY

FROGGY

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

   Have you ever wondered exactly how the weatherman knows it's going to rain? And what time of the day it's going to rain? When I stepped outside this morning, with my cup of Eight O' Clock coffee, there was a slight fog hanging in the morning air. All day I expected the clouds to roll in and the bottom to fall out, but except for a few breezes nothing happened.

   I wanted to plant some more in the garden but if it rained they would be washed away before they could have time to take root. So I didn't. The plants I have growing in the garden needed watering, but with the approaching rain I didn't want to waste the water. So I didn't. It was that kind of day.

   Because of the weather and a severe lazy streak, I wound up spending the day just piddlin around the farm. Doing a whole lot of nothing. I hoed a few weeds in the pea patch. Discussed the over population of wiggle worms with the chickens as they scratched out supper in the backyard. I made sure Daisy Mae was getting enough to eat and a little extra for good measure. I played freeze tag with Patch and Slash (the baby goats) as they ran up & down the stairs leading into the backyard. I tried to explain to Blue , my billy goat , why he wasn't getting the extra food Daisy Mae was, but he just stood on the stairs and snorted.

   Guess what? Before I knew it my day was gone.It was time for supper and as I looked up in the sky, the clouds began to blow in. The rain was finally here. I guess that old weatherman must know his stuff after all. Regardless of the weather, I hope you had a good day and will fair well.

Jim Cobb.

No comments:

Post a Comment