FROGGY

FROGGY

Monday, April 9, 2012

POST NATAL CARE

   Ain't it amazing! 3 days after having 3 babies, Daisy Mae, my momma goat, is grazing all over the property. Early this morning I came out side with a cup of coffee to check on the babies, only to find them playing around the water troff. Daisy Mae was reared up on her hind legs, trying to reach over the fence to eat some of my neighbor's honeysuckle.

   I rode over to the feed store and picked up some baby feed supplement and a baby goat nipple. Like I stated earlier momma has 3 babies and 2 teats. Somebody's gonna come up short! I figured we would supplement their nursing for a little while. Momma is getting some extra commercial feed as well.

   It's almost dinner time now, but after lunch I'm gonna go down to the garden and do some hoeing. The grass is trying to take over. I've got to trim some more brush and burn some limbs. My knees and back are feeling better from crawling under the house alot last week so I may take the chainsaw and hunker over and cut down a bunch of small trees that need to be removed before they get much bigger.

   COME ON OVER , & I'LL PUT YOU TO WORK!!!


JIM COBB COLEMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment