FROGGY

FROGGY

Thursday, March 15, 2012

GOOD HARVEST

As I have said, I live the old country ways I grew up living. I learned early to hunt, fish, farm and live with animals. As well as farming for my food I fish for fun and for the meat. I also hunt for my meat and for the enjoyment of being in the woods.

We try to use as much of the animal as possible just like the Indians did hundreds of years ago. If I have a good season I can help feed my family for 6 months to a year from the meat. I do my own butchering and processing.

Between deer, wild hogs, small game, and fish plus the fruit and vegetables we raise I try to provide as much as possible for my family without going to a store. Some years are better then others. That's why they call it fishing & hunting, your trying but, no guarantees. I know it's better for us than anything you can get from the store. If you don't believe me ask your Dr.. We did. Deer meat is healthier for you.

Here's a little experiment you can try that will back me up. Geta egg from a local farmer with chickens, and take one from your local grocery store. Open it up and look at the color of the yolk. One is yellow, one is orange. Guess which one's better for you? The orange one. The orange one will taste delicious, the yellow one like cardboard. Which one do you want? I raise my own, they're orange.

Hope ya'll have a good harvest!
Jim Cobb Coleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment