FROGGY

FROGGY

Sunday, March 11, 2012

FAMILY TIME

This weekend has been all about family, one way or another. Friday night I got a call from my Mom, She said my Dad was not feeling good and she was worried he might need to go to the Dr.'s office. My Dad is stubborn and she knew I was the only one who could talk him in to going. "Big Momma" and I drove over to check on him but he insisted he was fine. I knew he was sick , but I didn't think he was that bad off. I told him I would see him in the morning for coffee & bisquits.

Saturday morning we had breakfast with Mom & Dad. Just the visiting did Dad good. After we left, I took "Big Momma" grocery shopping down at Hubbard's Grocery Store and we loaded up. We hoped to see our son "Pumpkin Head" who works there, but he had already got off by the time we got there. He and his brother "Cobb Jr." were going to their cousin "Taylor's" house to visit and play some games this evening.

Me and "Big Momma" had a night to ourselves. We took care of the goats and chickens, and sat on the front porch and talked as the sun went down. Later we had grilled pork and watched some T.V.

Early Sunday morning "Cobb Jr." had to go to work, but he found out he had a flat tire. He had to borrow his brothers truck to get to work. We went to Church and came home. After lunch I tried to fix "Cobb Jr.'s" flat. But he had one lug nut that was stuck in place. No matter what I tried, for 4 & 1/2 hours, I couldn't get that tire off. We'll have to work on it tomorrow. At Church tonight it was the Preachers birthday, they had cake and ice cream after the service.

I didn't get a whole lot done I wanted to do this weekend because of everything that popped up, but we took care of alot of family needs. I tried to take care of my Father, I spent some good times with my wife ( even if it was at the grocery store ), and I tried to help my son out. The other things will get done in time. It' was not a wasted weekend as long as my Family was took care of.

Jim Cobb Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment