FROGGY

FROGGY

Friday, May 11, 2012

ALMOST TIME TO EAT

   I walked down to the garden today to see how it looked after the last few days of rain. I need to weed a bunch, but other than that it looked pretty good. The black eyed peas are starting to bloom, and my squash have bloomed and are bearing fruit. Some plants have 4 to 5 young squash on each plant. In a few days I should have some ready to eat. My cucumbers have sent out runners and are blooming. I am training them to run up the trelis I have standing besides the rows.

   After a rough weekend, Dad's out of the hospital and seems to be doing well. His foot is still a little red, but the swelling has gone down. It's tough on him to realize he's getting older. He is not a good patient. Mom needs a good rest after sitting up with Dad those couple of days.

   In a couple of days I will have a little time off if everything holds together. I'm going to spend Mother's Day with my family and enjoy watching the ladies get to relax and pig out. I'll try to do some gardening, and if everything works out, maybe go to the hunting club and do some pruning. I hope you all have a nice weekend too! If you have the chance spend some time with your Mother.

   Jim Cobb Coleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment