FROGGY

FROGGY

Sunday, February 12, 2012

SEASONAL WORK

It says in the Bible, there is a time for everything. A time to live, and a time to die. A time to plant, and a time to harvest. Everything in its season. Today I'm trying to start on my season of life and learning. Of planting a seed to reach a harvest later on.

We got up and went to Church this morning. A real old fashioned country Church. It is small, only around 15 people were there, but I really believe they were there for the right reason. Not to put on a show, or show off to each other what they have, but to try to help each other through life's journey.

It's the kind of Church I believe you could settle into and help people, and help yourself along the way. We have attended services there before but I think this time will be the start of a serious relationship. They were going to have a Valentines party tonight after the evening service. A supper and gathering with your Valentine and friends. We would have liked to attend tonight, but since we only found out about it today and this was our first time in Church this year we decided to wait for the next get together to attend.

I have alot to learn, and have gotten serious about trying to find the answers. My wife's Grandfather was a Baptist preacher, I really enjoyed talking to him when we were dating. We talked about everything except religion. I wished we had. Maybe he could have helped me understand some things. He passed away about a year after we got married.

This afternoon I burned some more of my garden off, and started tilling the soil under to get ready to plant next week. According to the old farmers you should plant your potatoes and onions and such around Valentines day. I hope we have a good garden this year. I plan on planting and working hard this year to grow enough food to feed my family.

This season I hope I'm planting the right seeds. I know it will take a lot of work. Hopefully we can struggle through the ups and downs of the season and in time have a good harvest.

See ya in Church!
Jim Cobb Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment