FROGGY

FROGGY

Sunday, December 8, 2013

TIS THE SEASON

     Once again it's hunting season. Normally my favorite time of the year. This is the time of the year I live for. The days grow shorter, the air gets a cooler bite to it, and the leaves begin to change color and migrate to the forest floor.

     But this year is different. As I stated in a earlier post, everything is different this year. I lost my Dad a few months ago and my heart just isn't into it for some reason. I go. I still want to kill food for the table, and a trophy for the wall, but it's different.

     I've seen a lot of deer this year, but not as many as last year. I've killed a few animals so far, one of my freezers is almost full. But it's not the same.


     I got a nice 170lb , 8 pointer . He had a tall rack with tall eye guards, and his tips almost touch. But it's not the same any more.




     I've taken a few good meat hogs for the table, and a nice 220lb boar with decent cutters , but I feel like I'm walking through zombie land. I'm just there, just going through the motions, not really into it just robotically killing time because that's what I'm supposed to do.











     I still love hunting, I live to be in the woods, to take game and butcher it and feed my family for the coming year. It's just not the same anymore. I guess I'm still a kid at heart wanting to come home after the hunt and share my hunt with my Dad. The one who taught me to love this way of life, to be  what I grew up to be . A hunter.

     Maybe as they say, time heals all wounds. Maybe not. Time will tell. I will never forget my Dad or the lessons he taught me. Every time I step into the woods, a farm field , or a boat I know he will be with me. He gave me these passions, I love them, and they are me.

     I miss you Dad.


Jim Cobb Coleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment